Who are we? We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Funding Circle’s Financial Crimes team is seeking an exceptional Junior Financial Crimes Prevention Analyst with high attention to detail and passion to make a better financial world. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the ever-expanding fraud prevention space within a leading Fintech company.
- Independently analyze and respond to all flagged financial applications as a part of fraud detection, mitigation, and behavior analysis.
- Review suspicious activity to determine if applications are fraudulent or legitimate and take appropriate action(s) by authenticating the customer's identity.
- Drive improvements and automation in our fraud detection system by assisting in the creation and implementation of new fraud screening rules.
- Work on projects of various degrees of engagement, which are aligned with corporate and departmental objectives.
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop strategic recommendations
- Set up and monitor dashboards and scorecards for processes that impact fraud performance; use learnings to drive new features or improvements.
- 1-2 years of experience in financial analysis, fraud detection, and prevention is a plus.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, filtering and sorting.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, motivating, and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely high attention to detail and exceptional organizational ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to liaise with different teams and individuals at different levels within the organization to drive change.
- Team player and ability to operate independently.
- Familiarity with Business Financial Statements and Tax Returns (Business and Personal).
- Experience working with Lexis Nexis, Thomson Reuters CLEAR, and FinCen.
- Experience working with SQL.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers. We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that’s varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that’s built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.*Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $55,000 to $60,000 + equity + benefits
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.