We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for tool creation, who will be driving the creation and innovation of our next-gen games support tools!
Together with your team members, you will be working on a variety of projects, including tools to efficiently manage content and live operations of all Wooga games, and constantly raising the bar in terms of quality and productivity of the teams.
You will work side by side, with diverse stakeholders and clients and empower them by developing the tools that our game teams need to keep bringing delightful story-driven games to millions of players around the world.
About the job
- Developing web-based (React js) tools to manage, analyze and optimize live operations for Wooga’s live games.
- Working together with our backend and data engineering teams to develop management interfaces for internal services.
- Developing and constantly innovating our internal tools & pipelines to improve Marketing and User Acquisition KPIs.
- Participation in pair programming, code reviews and architectural planning sessions. Helping to set team standards for code and documentation.
- You have expert knowledge of typescript and react
- You have experience writing tests (unit and e2e)
- You have a good understanding of CI/CD tools.
- You like to mentor other team members and help them grow.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with serverless technologies
- Experience building content creation tools
- Passion for games
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!