We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
As a Unity Engineer, you will be a driving member of one of our cross-platform game teams on mobile. Our ideal candidate is a team player who, while working together with other engineers, empowers relationships with other disciplines, to raise the bar in terms of quality and productivity of the entire team.
- You will be designing and implementing systems to create the highest quality games
- You will be actively contributing to the design and code reviews, as well as mentoring and growing other team members
- You will be working closely together with other tech teams on shared technology.
- You will be working closely with various key stakeholders on the team to constantly improve the quality of the game and the productivity of the entire team.
- You have been working with Unity on mobile titles in a professional setting for years now, and have a proven track record in shipping game titles in Unity (pc, console, mobile).
- You are an expert in C# and have a strong understanding of patterns and architectural concepts
- You have solid experience working with big codebases and keeping them nice and clean
- You are a great team player, value collaboration over personal achievements, as well as have an ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines, i.e. with artists, product managers, designers, etc. You can translate complex product requirements into maintainable technical solutions. You understand the business and the “why” that drives business decisions.
- You have a solid understanding of the different mobile platforms and their performance implications
- You have experience with writing automated tests
- Ideally, you have experience creating tools and understand both art and content pipelines.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Our hybrid work model allows you to choose a blend of in-office days and work from home. Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!