Babbel is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. The key is a blend of humanity and technology. More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 150+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
As we grow, we’re looking for excellent people who enrich our very unique culture and help us to the next level.In order to achieve this, we’re looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence who has a curiosity to understand the various moving parts of building and innovating a business. You will be self-motivated, full of ideas as well as energy and drive Babbel’s strategic direction. We will offer close collaboration with the Managing Director & Founder, the VP Corporate Strategy & Development and the executive team. You will get the chance to take ownership and responsibility for the direction of a crucial part of Babbel´s ecosystem vision and strategic bets on a company level.
- Work closely with the Managing Director & Founder as well as the VP Corporate Strategy & Development focusing on helping to exploring and building up a new opportunity
- Drive strategic steps and project development and ensure follow-ups
- Drive and support our periodic strategy evaluations and adjustments, and help formulate a solid story with the outcomes.
- Use your toolset and knowledge in practice to gather ideas and input.
- Moderate approaches to get new opportunities started and being developed from idea to opportunity, managing and engaging stakeholders towards a clear outlook on execution
What you’ll get out of it:
- First-hand experience of working at the senior management level
- Being a part of one of the big success stories in the German tech scene
- First-class challenges and problems to match your ambition and capabilities
- A great team of spirited, hard-working and extraordinarily warm people to work with
What we need you to bring along:
- Well-grounded broad and deep knowledge about project management, ideally working in strategy teams in growing environments, agile development experience is a plus
- State-of-the-art knowledge about participatory strategy-making and development processes as well as operating models
- Ability to collaborate in an international and inclusive setting
- Experience in desk research
What makes you the perfect match:
- You hold a top-notch MBA or 2 years professional experience in strategy consulting or product led business development - international experience is a plus
- You have strong analytical skills and know how to get a deep understanding of product focused business opportunities and how to bring them into tangible direction
- You love spinning ideas, changing your mind, going from abstract big pictures to a single detail in a matter of seconds
- You feel like this is what you want to do for the next 12 - 24 months
- You speak Spanish or Italian to a proficient level
Some perks of becoming a Babbelonian:
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- Visa and relocation assistance
- Full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith and nap rooms
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group and more
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns in your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.