BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers and passengers in 22 countries. The platform connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together and share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach network and a commuter carpooling service, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to for shared road mobility. Affordable, convenient and user-friendly, wherever there’s a road, there’s a BlaBlaCar.
Why join us?
The Database Engineers, part of the Foundations Team are responsible for designing, building and maintaining BlaBlaCar’s stateful infrastructure in a fast-paced environment. The team’s work ensures that our community of over 60 million members uses a fast and reliable platform where databases are never a problem!
We think ahead. We move fast. We like bleeding-edge technologies. Oh and by the way: everything we run here is in containers, yes, even the databases !
What you will directly contribute to:
- Building and maintaining the BlaBlaCar Database Infrastructure;
- Designing and improving our clusters to address our fast-scaling needs;
- Working in a multi-database environment (MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra...)
- Developing tools and services to ease the work of developers with the perfect trade between ownership and good practices consistency
What you will need to be successful:
- Passionate about databases;
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB;
- High interest in non-relational database technologies;
- Ability to configure, design, maintain and troubleshoot;
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced international environment;
- Comfortable with English, spoken and written.
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ (remote friendly)
- Contract: Long-term contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact;
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment;
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment;
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces;
- Free ridesharing to live our value “Think it. Build it. Use it.”;
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
- Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other;
- And many more benefits - check them out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please send your CV (in English and PDF format), and answer the questions you are asked during the application process.
Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following four weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you for a phone interview, followed by two in-house interview sessions.