Destination Manager Rome (Maternity Cover) New
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
We are searching for a Destination Manager to help grow Italy. Based out of our Rome office and reporting to the Regional Manager of Italy, your mission is to act as an entrepreneur and be responsible for the acquisition of key attractions, tours, and new partners and suppliers.
As an evangelist of the GetYourGuide brand, you’re responsible for building strong business relationships and creating strategic supply advantages for us.
This is a Maternity Cover role with a 12-month contract from May 2023 - May 2024.
Sales team mission
Our Sales Team are customer advocates, always scouting and onboarding the best activities to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality. The team shapes the in-destination experience by negotiating for the best possible conditions for our customers.
- Own your destination and be ultimately responsible for its key performance metrics including Revenue Growth, Product Inventory, Customer Satisfaction
- Responsible for the entire sales funnel from end to end: from acquisition and onboarding, through negotiation of conditions, closing and post close account management
- Perform frequent data analysis and take action based on findings
- Be a constant presence in the field; experiencing our products in order to discover where customer pain points are and implement solutions
- Work closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers
- Have ongoing collaboration and market knowledge sharing with the headquarters in Berlin
- Attend travel expos and workshops and promote GetYourGuide all around Italy
- You are physically located in or close to Rome. We operate on a hybrid work model and value weekly in-person team interaction in the office.
- You have 2+ years of experience in B2B sales in a tourism/e-commerce
- You have Italian language skills at a native speaker level and fluent English
- You are a clear communicator with persuasive negotiation skills
- You are strong in data analysis and reporting
- Not intimidated by data; interested in learning from and acting on it
- You are proactive, driven by results, and solution-oriented
- You are skilled in common software - G-Suite, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Customer focused and passionate about revolutionizing the tourist experience in Italy
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Full ownership and responsibility from day one
- Work at a European tech unicorn with a young and dynamic team from all different cultures and experience levels where you are constantly learning and growing
- We reward hard work and celebrate success
- Be a part of an exciting industry working with one of its technology leaders
- Lunch Vouchers & GetYourGuide Vouchers
- GetYourGuide social events as summits, employees training days, and team events
- The office is located in the heart of lively Rome (between the Underground Termini and Republica).
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [****] />