iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
At iwoca, we really love our customers, we want them to have the best possible experience. We understand that financial matters can be confusing and frustrating for small businesses, so our Account Managers
work hard to understand our customers’ financial needs and determine how we can most effectively support them in achieving their business goals.Our Account Managers are passionate about building and nurturing successful long term relationships with our customers based on service and trust. We use relevant data to provide our customers with the best possible customer service and create a truly enjoyable customer experience.
Your mission will be to:
- Be the customer champion, driving business growth through adoption of the iwoca product for new customers
- Nurture a portfolio of existing customer relationships to achieve long-term customer retention
- Support customers through the renewal process expediently
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with small businesses, helping them achieve their business goals with iwoca
- Proactively guide customers through our process and ensure we exceed their expectations, effectively addressing customer concerns and issues
- Liaise with various teams within iwoca to achieve the best outcome for your customers
In addition, we are always looking to improve how we work. Part of your responsibilities will include driving change across the business through rethinking our processes and by giving and receiving structured feedback to ensure we always provide customers with the best possible experience across all aspects of iwoca.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- A passion for delighting customers - first and foremost - prior experience and proven customer relationship management experience a strong plus.
- Preferably a university degree in a business related field and 2+ years of professional experience
- Strong communication & listening skills with excellent telephone manners and a passion for serving customers
- To be proactive, motivated, and metrics-driven: we work in a fast-paced environment
- Good time-management and multitasking skills
- The ability to "think outside the box" to make suggestions that will help us improve our products, systems and processes
- A proven ability to explain complex products and services to consumers
- Good understanding of business finance and accounting. More importantly you should have an understanding of what makes SMEs tick
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot missing data from a mile away
- Fluent German - note that we require fully fluent German level (i.e. you’ve grown up speaking German or have learnt it to CEFR C2 level or similar)
- Cover letter is essential.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code