We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
Your mission will be: You will play a core role in our dynamic accounting team, working together to support business growth and success. You will contribute to group reporting and projects as well as a range of responsibilities that are vital for the smooth running of the business.
This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, technically strong and growth minded Management Accountant to join our Finance team. The role offers huge potential for development and you will have the opportunity to work in a business, with like-minded teammates, that is committed to supporting SMEs.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and posting journals as part of the month-end process, including multiple bank accounts and resulting FX journals;
- Review and reconciliation of intercompany positions and FX journals;
- Assisting with the drafting of high-quality technical accounting papers on emerging technical accounting issues for internal stakeholders as well as auditors;
- Assisting with the preparation of Statutory accounts for the Group and subsidiaries, alongside other members of the Finance team;
- Providing technical accounting knowledge across the wider Finance team and support on any other ad-hoc projects within the wider business
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, we are looking for:
- Part qualified accountant with several years of experience in an international business; with multi-currency and multi-entity exposure;
- Exposure to one of; SPVs, funds or lending
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and respond to changing environments;
- Technical accounting experience
- Experience in preparing financial statements
- An effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better
- Previous experience with NetSuite is desirable.
In return, you’ll get a say in how things are done, the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners, and to work on big and challenging projects.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work with:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code