DescriptionJobrapido is the world’s leading job search engine. As industry frontrunners Jobrapido is shaping a new standard in online job searching; to revolutionize the way people get jobs. Jobrapido analyses and aggregates job listings from all over the web, so that candidates can find all relevant jobs in one place. Using pioneering technology and innovative products, Jobrapido connects the dots between great employers and stellar candidates. Established in 2006, Jobrapido lists over 20 million jobs every month, records 55 million visits per month and has more than 85 million registered users. From its headquarters in Milan, Jobrapido conducts business in 58 countries, and helps job seekers to apply for a role in line with their expectations, and those who offer jobs find the right candidate for the role. From April 2014, Jobrapido is part of the Symphony Technology Group (STG).
Our offices are located in the beautiful Cadorna Square at a walk distance from the Train and Metro station.
We are looking for a talented Engineer to join our Tech team. In this role he/she will be collaborating with other developers, product managers and product owners. Teamwork, sense of ownership, quality and lateral thinking should be part of their cultural background. The right candidate should possess a mix of skills in Linux, SQL, Network protocols, Google Cloud Platform/Amazon WebServices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operational management of Jobrapido servers and services
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems, identifying and isolating problematic software.
- Monitoring and optimising server and application performance
- Managing application deployment and backup procedures
- Define and implement vital KPIs to ensure observability of Jobrapido's infrastructure
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Being part of the 24/7 team
- Knowledge of configuration, deployment and management of Linux, docker, kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience with PostgreSQL server: performance tuning and query optimization
- Solid understanding of network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, etc.
- Experience with cloud services like Google Cloud/AWS
- Scripting or basic programming skills
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Expertise with Puppet a plus
- Fluency in English is required
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience