Group: Bus Ops | Function: People | Team: Business Enablement
Our global team is growing rapidly and we are on the lookout for individuals who can support that growth by proactively helping our senior team get ahead of the game. People are, by design, extremely self sufficient within startups, so it will be your role to help them pass some of that work along to you; through first class delivery, tenacity and enthusiasm.
This role is completely new, and will partner closely with our other Team Assistant in London to support our senior team from across the business. To do that, you’ll need to be super cool within juggling multiple tasks at once and not fazed by competing priorities across multiple time zones.
There’s also the business of supporting the NY team more broadly from an office standpoint. Caring deeply about the environment we create and being an ambassador for the culture that is growing within that newly formed team.
Your mission will be to make our senior team more effective in their roles by cunningly taking some workload from them; thus making people’s lives better, and helping them to focus on the things that really count when it comes to driving the business forward.
You’ll achieve this by:
- Manage complex diary management, including room bookings both internally and externally - 40%
- Book (sometimes complex) international travel, including visa applications where required - 35%
- Lead office management of NYC office, pro-actively seeking out what needs to happen and where - 10%
- Provide administrative and logistical support for events; whether internal or for our external stakeholders - 5%
- Provide expenses support to the senior team where needed - 5%
- Complete ad-hoc tasks - 5%
- Being generally awesome!
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $100m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Ability to prioritise
- Appetite to learn and get stuck in
- Proactive attitude - always looking for ways to make processes more efficient and looking for new ways to support our team
- Experience booking international travel
- Experience managing diaries across multiple time zones
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 401(k) - you can contribute what you like (up to the federal limit of $18.5k per year) and Onfido matches your contribution, up to 4% of your total salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) of 23 days per year, plus 10 Federal Holidays - Onfido believes passionately in work/ life balance!
- Rich health, vision and dental benefits offered via our partner TriNet. TriNet gives you the flexibility to choose a plan that suits you and Onfido now covers 100% of the cost of our elected base plans for you and 50% for your dependents
- Monthly opportunities for private, individual mental health coaching sessions
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year to volunteer
- In-office snacks, sparkling water, juice, and fruits, etc
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to $75 per month and company sponsored sports (such as yoga and soccer)
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
- Monthly commute reimbursement up to $127 to help get you to and from the office
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.