At Digitas we are in the business of creating wonderful digital experiences that generate value for our clients and their customers. We do this through blending creativity, data and technology for brands with an ambition.
We are the connected marketing agency, uniquely placed to offer clients a true end to end digital marketing proposition. From our performance media offering, to customer engagement, connected communications and products and services. We are best placed to help clients who seek to transform their marketing offering. This is all driven by our deep understanding of data to inform what really counts for businesses.Our global workforce of 6,000 includes industry-leading creatives in each region, working with data scientists, technology experts and media specialists to demonstrate what can be achieved when hard data meets imagination
To lead on all technical aspects of SEO client accounts, working closely with multi-disciplinary SEO campaign teams to formulate, communicate and support the implementation of SEO strategy. Coach and develop more junior members of the team, and support and assist in the management and maintenance of a portfolio of clients.
The Technical SEO department is responsible for all technical queries relating to SEO, forming a key part of portfolio teams delivering SEO campaigns to major brands. The team also works embedded within website build projects, working alongside experts in UX, design, interface design, technical architecture etc. to ensure that SEO is integrated throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide best in class technical SEO strategy, consultancy, deliverables and guidance for leading global and national brands across a wide variety of industry sectors
- Support clients with new website launches, website migrations, CMS changes, retiring websites, and all other elements of technical SEO
- Key deliverables include technical SEO audits, site migration strategy, new site technical SEO recommendations and requirements, wireframe/UX reviews, plus various ad-hoc projects based upon client need
- Regular communication with clients supporting them with day-to-day technical advice and guidance
- Accountability for all technical SEO decisions made for own clients, ensuring quality and timely delivery of all client services relating to technical SEO
- Keep up-to-date with industry and technical developments, and integrate these into client campaigns
- Share knowledge derived from client campaigns and research with fellow team members; coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Help to develop SEO knowledge within the department and wider company
- Provide support with business development opportunities, including attending pitches
- Identify and act upon cross-sell and up-sell opportunities within clients
- Travel to client meetings when required
- Help to continually develop Digitas’s technical SEO proposition to maintain our status as an industry-leader in this specialist area
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and administrative work as requested by Head of Department or Team Leader
- Strong technical SEO skills.
- Experience in a similar role with technical SEO as a key area of focus, ideally working directly with clients in an agency role or experience as an in-house SEO.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Webmaster Tools (search console, etc), analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, Adobe analytics, etc.), and website crawling tools (such as Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Botify, and OnCrawl).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working for big brands on complicated SEO campaigns.
- Experience in using analytics tools and data to drive insights and develop business cases.
- Ideally degree level qualification or equivalent in computer science, web development or similar, or previous hands-on experience in web development.
- Understanding of website design and build methodologies (e.g. agile/waterfall), experience at working SEO into the User Experience/Design stage of website builds, and familiarity with proprietary issue tracking tools such as Jira or Visual Studio Team Services.
- Ideally experience with Adobe Experience Manager, or Sitecore and/or Hybris platforms.
Please note that Publicis Media is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.