Created on 05-12-2022
Location Aragua de Barcelona
Thanks to our innovative BuyNow PayLater payment solution, Scalapay is transforming the way more than 3.5 million customers buy online and in-store, empowering 5,000+ merchants to give their customers magical shopping experiences.
Being only 3 years old didn’t stop us from becoming a unicorn We have raised over $700mln and we did this thanks to a team built around our 4 core values: #createmagic #staycurious #beimpactful #playasateam.
This is where your magic happens. If you love it, Scalapay it
Data-driven decisions are the centre of our efforts to automate processes and support decisions across the business.
As Data Engineer, your role will focus on developing distributed software for large-scale heterogeneous data processing, the development of ETL and reverse ETL pipeline.
You will be responsible for:
- Data modelling
- Data lineage
- Data quality / Data observability
- SLA, performance and scalability
You’ll be required to discuss requirements for data access and integrations with colleagues across the business, design solutions to the company’s problems and implement these using modern software processes in the cloud.
The role gives a large amount of autonomy and the chance to work with a top-notch team of experienced data experts.
Who we are looking for:
- Strong Python and SQL experience
- Experience building and deploying ETL pipelines
- Experience with API integration
- Ability to scope projects and decompose work into tasks
- Familiarity with Linux-like development stacks, including Git, Kubernetes, etc
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure (such as S3, Athena, Glue, etc)
- Knowledge of Data Modeling / Data Observability is a plus
- Ability to engage with colleagues on business processes
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
Why you should join Scalapay:
- Attractive packages based on skills and experience
- International environment with significant challenges to be met every day
- Lots of opportunities to work with a team of industry tech leaders who are focused on delivering products that offer exceptional user experiences
- Personalised support to accelerate your professional growth and take ownership of the products you deliver: we want to help you grow!
- Latest technologies and being encouraged to bring your flair to the role
1) A quick chat with one of our Talent Acquisition team members
2) The first interview with the Hiring Manager to deep dive into your experiences and better understand your motivation
3) A case study to test your hard skills
4) A Meet The Team session where you’ll get to meet different people at Scalapay and see if you’ll fit into our culture
Want to learn more? Don't hesitate to explore our Careers website and Careers website, and our LinkedIn, WTTJ, Meritocracy and Glassdoor pages.
Pro tip: send your CV in English
Super Pro tip: we know that application processes can be scary and frustrating but… we look for talent, not people that tick all our boxes.
We believe in the power of diversity: Scalapay is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.