Location Qualifications: Ghent (hybrid)
In this Backend Engineer position, you’re responsible for expanding and improving our current codebase and facilitating innovation for new features. Blindly implementing specs is not what we do at Showpad, we focus on the bigger picture towards the future. You take ownership by strategically combining value delivery with steps towards our target architecture.
- Building products that serve and focus on our customer needs
- Writing modular, performant and maintainable code, covered by unit and end-to-end tests.
- Continuously improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor and maintain codebases serving our customers
- Build greenfield cloud services in AWS
- Coach and learn to elevate the team to the next level
- A couple of years of PHP experience
- Experience with Docker, Symfony, Doctrine, PHPUnit and MySQL
- Passionate about cloud development
- Being open minded about other programming languages (like Node.js or Java based languages)
- Automate everything, continuous deployment and integration is your second nature
- Understand the API-First approach to build products
- A Scrum mindset
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company
Founded in 2011, Showpad is the world’s leading Enablement Operating System (eOS™). We align Sales and Marketing teams around impactful content and measurable engagement, enabling sellers to build unique buying experiences and continuously improve conversion rates. Sellers close more deals – faster – with Showpad.
With dual-headquarters in Ghent and Chicago, regional offices in London, Munich and Wroclaw, and remote hubs across the US and EMEA, Showpad is powered by a diverse global workforce of more than 550 people. Our employee value proposition centers around impact, purpose and belonging. Our culture is based on flexibility, trust and setting people up for success. At Showpad, we foster inclusion, innovate for impact and never stop to raise the bar. We take serious care of our people but never take ourselves too seriously.
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether it’s additional company-wide days off, paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organisations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.