Stuart is the disruptive on-demand urban logistics platform that is transforming our daily lives. Our technology allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their local customers with never-seen-before speed and efficiency. We create thousands of economic opportunities for businesses and courier partners whilst redefining customer expectations when it comes to delivery.
After rapidly scaling both our operations and our business metrics, the GeoPost group acquired Stuart. We are now entering a new era, looking to cement our position as the leading provider of express urban delivery in Europe. We now operate in France (Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier), UK (London, Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), and many more cities across Europe in the pipeline for 2018.
We’re looking for a talented Data/ Research Scientist to play a critical role in the development of our core platform. Your mission will be to design and implement algorithms and predictive models to drive Stuart’s growth and efficiency. Based in our office in sunny Barcelona, you will be joining a growing team of successful entrepreneurs and alumni from Uber, Google, Amazon, BCG, Bain & Co.
What will you do?
Work within the Data Science team in an extremely versatile environment dealing with problems that traverse many different areas of the company. Examples of projects treated by the team includes, but are not limited to: dealing with prediction and forecasting using geo-spatial data, improve critical business needs sustained by statistical analysis, ranking problems and algorithms related to the dispatch logic.
The candidate is expected to understand business needs and translate them into advanced actionable mathematical models. This role is crucial in leading last-mile logistics and driving strategic business decisions that optimise cost and impact the life of many. Therefore, strong mathematical skills are expected as well as an understanding of how proposed solutions should be implemented in practice.
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- Master or PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Experience in Recommender Systems, Ranking Problems and Predictive Models
- Proven experience with Python, R and/or Scala for statistical analysis, modeling and evaluation of algorithms and prototypes
- Proven experience with distributed systems framework such as Hadoop, PIG, Hive, Spark or similar big-data technologies
- Able to define and describe problem statements and understand business requirements in an actionable manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks and problems
- Ability to work autonomously while being a strong team player
What is a plus?
- Good experience in data extraction, cleansing and exploration as well as visualization techniques and tools (e.g., Kaggle challenges style)
- Research background where publications in conferences and journals as well as patents
- Previous experience with other Object-Oriented programming
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Relaxed, fun work environment and flexible working hours
- Extras like catered lunch, gym membership, private health insurance
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday. If you feel like this role could be a good fit for you, we'd love to hear from you!