As an Autopilot Firmware Engineer, you will be part of a team working towards Tesla’s vision of fully autonomous vehicles. You will be architecting and contributing to the implementation of the software system that processes input from a variety of vehicle sensors, evaluates possible vehicle strategies/trajectories, and automates safe control of the vehicle.
- Strong C/C++ coding experience in a Linux platform.
- Define technical requirements for advanced driver assistance systems software controls
- Define the system-wide software architecture for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Sensors
- Based on your software architecture, define and influence requirements for the hardware design teams
- Develop embedded firmware in C that implements the architecture you’ve defined
- Assess the system for failure modes and design resilient and redundant mechanisms to protect against those failures
- Collaborate with the control systems, simulation and modeling teams to design control strategies that can be implemented in software efficiently
- Greater than 3 years’ experience designing safety-critical, real-time embedded systems
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Extensive experience architecting complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems
- Extensive experience creating, presenting, and refining clear, compelling technical specifications from top-level system architecture documents down to low-level implementation guides and test plans
- Experience developing embedded firmware for safety-critical applications in production environments
- Understanding of advanced driver assistance sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic, and lidar, including the measurement and data-reduction, target identification and environmental synthesis, and sensor fusion
- System-oriented understanding and experience with vehicle dynamics controls; e.g. brake actuation; torque application; tire characteristics; vehicle kinematics, etc.
- Experience with existing ADAS technologies, including adaptive cruise control , automatic emergency braking, lane-following, automated lane changing.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO):Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.