We are named for the coldest, most unforgiving side of a mountain. We have helped explorers reach the most unfathomable heights of the Himalayas. But The North Face® legend begins, ironically, on a beach. More precisely, San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood, at an altitude of only 150 feet above sea level. It was here in 1966 that two hiking enthusiasts resolved to follow their passions and founded a small mountaineering retail store. From the beginning, the brand committed to serving all those who desired to explore and to serving our natural wild lands by helping to conserve them. Read more
Soon thereafter, that little shop became known as The North Face, a retailer of high-performance climbing and backpacking equipment. In 1968, The North Face moved to the other side of San Francisco Bay, to the unbridled possibilities of the Berkeley area, and began designing and manufacturing its own brand of technical mountaineering apparel and equipment.
Through the 1960s, The North Face brand cherished a following amongst avid outdoor athletes and began sponsoring expeditions to some of the most far-flung, still largely untouched corners of the globe. This launched a proud tradition which continues in full force today and constantly reinforces The North Face mantra, Never Stop Exploring™.
By the early 1980s, The North Face was taking exploration to the outer limits of the ski world, adding extreme skiwear to the product offering. These were the days of pastels, neons, hair dye, and mohawks; they laid the groundwork for today's free-spirited snowsports athletes. By the end of the decade, The North Face became the only supplier in the United States to offer a comprehensive collection of high-performance outerwear, skiwear, sleeping bags, packs and tents.
The 1990s ushered in an era during which The North Face further broadened the outdoor world it helps athletes to explore. The decade saw our debut in the sportswear market with the launch of Tekware™, an innovative collection designed to provide rock climbers, backpackers, hikers, trail runners, and outdoor enthusiasts with the ultimate fit and function. The North Face half dome logo began to appear with greater regularity on ultramarathon courses, high-country trails, and big walls. And, as the calendar clicked toward a new millennium, The North Face launched its own line of trekking and trail-running shoes to ultimately address the head-to-toe needs of those always striving for the next horizon.
While the brand continued to shape the outdoor market through product, expedition and athlete achievements, it launched two game changing product lines – Thermoball and Fuseform. Thermoball introduced synthetic insulation mimicking the capability of down. Fuseform revolutionized the manufacturing space as it changed the way technical apparel is produced.
Now, more than 50 years after its humble grand opening, The North Face delivers an extensive line of performance apparel, equipment, and footwear. We push the boundaries of innovation so that you can push the boundaries of exploration. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers.
There's little telling what the next 50 years hold for us. However, there is one bedrock of certainty: The North Face will maintain an unwavering commitment to pushing the limits of innovation and design, so that you can push your limits outdoors. Never Stop Exploring.
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, from your backyard to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
• Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible. Read more
• Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
• Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.Read less
The North Face® brand broadened its commitment to U.S. freeskiing as the sport prepared to make its Olympic debut at the Sochi 2014 winter games.
As part of its mission to start a global movement of Outdoor Exploration, The North Face introduced the Explore Fund (www.explorefund.org) in 2010 and the program has since provided more than $1.5 million in U.S. grants to more than 300 non-profit organizations committed to inspiring the next generation of outdoor explorers and conservationists. Read more
The North Face® brand created the Clothes the Loop program, inviting consumers to drop off used apparel and footwear in any condition at participating The North Face® brand retail stores. Items are repurposed for reuse to extend their life or recycled into raw materials and customers earn coupons toward The North Face® brand gear.
The North Face® is committed to improving animal welfare and traceability in the goose down and feather supply chain. We created the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) to help ensure that our down does not come from animals that have been subject to any unnecessary harm, such as force-feeding or live-plucking, and to provide a traceability system to validate the original source of down used in The North Face products. Certified down will be incorporated into our products starting in Fall 2015 with a goal of 100 percent certification by Fall 2017. The North Face gifted ownership of the RDS to Textile Exchange, which will allow any organization seeking to source down more responsibly to use this tool.Read less
Snr. Manager Strategy at The North Face
Strategic Account Manager EMEA
Senior Communication Manager
Senior Director of Retail EMEA
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
THE NORTH FACE: "We dare to lead the world forward through Exploration"
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counter culture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, protecting our planet, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
Our culture is born from the spirit of the Explorer and infuses everything we do. We love wild places. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is part of VF Corporation who guides powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
Let’s talk about the role!
The Product Merchandising Manager Urban Exploration is responsible for driving the category vision & strategy market-wide and working with their cross functional partners across the integrated marketplace to drive well-informed assortment and business strategies.
Will be responsible for creating compelling seasonal product assortments for the EMEA marketplace in their assigned consumer territory.
Drives assortment direction and business results focused on category consumer right assortments to ensure a holistic, premium, differentiated and elevated marketplace.
They will closely partner with the Global Merchandising, Global Product, Regional Product, Regional Sales, Direct-to-Consumer and Marketing teams, to ensure close adherence to the seasonal strategy, financial targets, and brand vision.
We expect that our Product Merchandising Manager will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Seasonal EMEA merchandising assortment strategy
* Go to Person for all interactions will Global Merch Engine
* Strategic plan guidance | financial plan target setting
* Marketplace segmentation strategy development and execution
* Channel-specific big ideas and curated assortments
* Regional Line adoption in collaboration with global merch and other regions
* Pricing and margin guidance
* Milestone forecasts
* Market travel and marketplace insights
* Support Sales with educational tools and presentations for sell-in support
* Flow strategy at style/color level
* Quick turn logowear strategy and in-season management
* Seasonal hind sighting and assortment analytics
* Storytelling support for digital, in-store and brand marketing teams
How you’ll make a difference…
* You have 5+ years of experience in branded merchandise/development/retail buying.
* You have a bachelor of Arts: Merchandising, Product Management, or Business Preferred or equivalent combination of years of experience and education preferred
* You have strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
* You have a strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence internal and external business partners and customers
* You have a strong understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional differences, across diverse channels of distribution
* You have the ability to play an integral role within a broader cross-functional team, to build consensus, connect department and individual expectations to the company vision, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups.
* You have strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
* You have experience in strategic planning, combined with knowledge of retail sales analysis and interpretation of data to identify opportunities
* You have experience in product forecasting and/or statistical modelling (a plus)
* You have an understanding of product development and manufacturing process (a plus)
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Application URL: (W3.aplitrak.com/?adid=Zm5pYy44MzMxNC4xMTExNEB2ZmMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t)
We’re looking for an Assistant Store Manager to join our team in Copenhagen: someone with passion, knowledge and enthusiasm to bring our brand to life.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will:
To join as an Assistant Store Manager, you’ll need to demonstrate:
In return, we offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, staff uniform, staff discounts across the groups and a contributory pension scheme.
The Inside Track:
You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know our brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, we outfit people of all walks of life. In fact, we have more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with about 60.000 associates. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage. Our largest brands are The North Face®, Vans® and Timberland®.
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
We are looking for an outstanding team to open our first The North Face store in Frankfurt!
Be part of something great and take the chance to start your career with VF!
We are looking for motivated:
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with. The North Face is part of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands, sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
We believe that employees have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organization but empower our people to take responsibility at store level.
Want to know more about working at VF? We would be keen to hear from you and meet you in Frankfurt!
If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
For our The North Face Store in Berlin, Muenzstraße, we are looking for a motivated Store Manager (m/w/d)
• Comprehensive brand and store responsibility
• Sale of high quality collections
• Competent and professional advice to national and international customers
• Maintenance and development of your own customer base
• Achievement of sales targets and development of revenue growth measures
• Leadership, motivation and development of the store staff
• Regular, proactive, tight feedback processes with the Area Manager
• Dealing with the merchandise management and cash register system as well as the responsibility of the cashier
• Planning and controlling the personnel deployment
• Monitoring compliance with company organization policies
• Implementation of visual merchandising guidelines and optimal presentation of goods
• Responsible for a smooth organizational process in the store
• Several years of management experience in a comparable position
• Well-trained training in the textile retail trade
• High level of sense of responsibility, communication skills and flexibility
• Service and customer-oriented working method as well as initiative and readiness to work
• Independent, result-oriented and structured work
• Convincing, assertive and professional personality
• Very good knowledge of English, further knowledge of foreign languages is an advantage
• Very good knowledge of MS Office as well as PC POS systems
In addition to an interesting job, a motivated team and an exciting product world, you can expect the securities of a global company. You will also receive a performance-related bonus.
We look forward to receiving your complete application!