Who we are?
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here?
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven
What will you be working on?
We’re looking for a seasoned Android developer to join our mobile team. You’ll be a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of hard and intriguing challenges. You will work on mobile apps, focusing on our app for Android devices, but also on the API and services that power the app. You will ensure that TransferWise has the best mobile experience and together we will show the banks how mobile financial services are really done!
- Full Android stack: Activities, Fragments, Views, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, SQLite etc.
- Experience of commonly used Android libraries both from Google and third parties, for, amongst other things: persistence; multi-threading; messaging; code reduction; and optimisation.
- Experience of commonly used Android testing libraries for both unit testing and functional testing
- Experience with TDD and creating clean, testable code
- A strong understanding of REST API Design
- Experience developing on a back-end MVC Framework
- Familiarity with iOS
- Writing blog posts about technology, taking part in open source projects and talking at conferences
- Experience with new languages such as Kotlin
- Passionate about technology, product and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do and that empathy drives every decision you make.
- Understanding: able to nurture and grow other devs, providing constructive feedback
- Keeps up with all the latest developments from the Android community in order to stay ahead of the ever changing development trends
- Exhibit a strong belief that untested code is broken code
Want to know more?
To find out a bit more about the cool stuff you are going to work on and what it’s like to work at TransferWise plus a full run through of our employee benefits - visit our careers page. Not from Estonia - no worries, we will support your relocation to the lovely Tallinn, from any part of the world! :)