We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our fast growing Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) team in Tallinn. TransferWise is rapidly building new products for new kinds of consumers and businesses.
As a financial institution, TransferWise has the obligation to contribute to stopping and preventing financial crime all around the world. EDD team is at the forefront of this - building an amazing user experience, bulletproof controls and efficient operations to onboard high risk customers to TransferWise.
This is a unique opportunity to build a product that redefines the world of KYC. You will work globally - in all TransferWise markets, and end-to-end - from customer experience to compliance to operations.
- Your mission is to build a great product to onboard high risk customers to TransferWise - seamless for good customers, keeps the criminals out and scales effectively.
- You will own the vision and goals of the team, how to measure them and how to set the KPIs - you'll make the decisions and define the product strategy with the team.
- You will work within an independent and autonomous team of product engineers, analysts, operations and compliance specialists to build the systems and team to achieve your vision.
- You will be on the cutting edge of technology. Near real-time data processing, automation of complex manual processes and scaling the platform to 10x the current volumes.
- You will work with other product teams, understanding their potential and providing insights and data where necessary. As we are a data focused company, it helps to know what makes each of the teams tick to make sure they are focusing on the proper KPIs.
- You will be a thought leader. Not only will you lead a product team yourself, but we'd love it if you could help other diverse and autonomous product teams.
- You will have a chance to change the world of compliance. TransferWise work with regulators around the world and has a seat at the table to help shape the world of compliance for FinTech industry. Take becoming the first non-bank to access UK Faster Payments Scheme for example.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Travel to work with our team in London or other TransferWise locations like Budapest, Singapore, etc.
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
A bit about you:
- You are customer-focused. At TransferWise, customers always come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers. We are a company doing great things, but we couldn’t do it without our customers being ready to start a revolution.
- Entrepreneurial. Either you have run your own company or independently delivered high impact projects.
- You need to have ideas. You’re going to change the world, so we want to see what exceptional ideas you’ve had before.
- Someone who loves to get things done. You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- A head for numbers. You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and numbers are the best way to do this. You can give examples of how you have moved some metrics before.
- Technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion.
- You need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- KYC or Anti-Money Laundering domain knowledge. You have experience working in KYC or AML/CTF domain in financial services sector
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.