Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Specialist to strengthen our European compliance team (based either in London, UK or Tallinn, Estonia). This role will focus on the compliance topics relating to our FCA licence including product design, internal controls, and staying on top of new requirements. As Regulatory Compliance Specialist you’ll be responsible for managing systems and processes to support our compliance function. You’ll help manage and strengthen the team’s relationships with regulators by being the first point of contact who keeps everybody informed.
The following should give you a flavour of what is to come but, given the pace of change, this is going to be very fluid in reality and could change quite a bit!
- Day-to-day management of European regulatory compliance matters: managing and coordinating regular reporting schedule, responding to information requests, proactively communicating product changes and notifiable events;
- Assist with preparation of compliance reports to management and the board;
- Manage updates to our regulatory compliance documentation, policies and procedures;
- Help track and monitor our compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies;
- Work with product teams to educate them about regulatory requirements, and support documentation of decision-making and risk assessments within teams;
- Provide compliance input to product teams on operational process changes and improvements;
- Provide compliance support on new product lines.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of TransferWise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by horizon-scanning for new regulatory developments and sharing these with the teams.
- Choose your own path to success - we see this as a role with plenty of potential to evolve and room for growth and development - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
A bit about you:
If you have a background in payments or other financial regulation, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity, then this role could be perfect for you!
- Previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector with a focus on regulatory interpretation and implementation;
- Experience of working with financial regulators or similar bodies;
- Understanding of UK and European regulatory requirements;
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Independence, pro-activity and willingness to get things done;
- Excellent organisational, communication and cross-team cooperation skills;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player;
- Flexibility for some international travel, approximately once a quarter but it could sometimes be more;
- London candidates: you'll need to already be eligible to work in the UK. Sadly we aren't offering visa sponsorship for this job.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive yearly base salary in the region of £50k
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome TransferWise benefits
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.