NYC tip #528 There’s a Brooklyn beyond Williamsburg.
Money transfer tip #2 There’s a better exchange rate beyond your bank.
Career tip #6 Join TransferWise to help build money without borders.
Seen any of our top tips on the Subway recently? It’s all part of our campaign to help more US customers save money using TransferWise. So far, we’ve saved over 3 million customers more than $1 billion in bank fees so far. Yet we’re moving less than 1% of the world’s money. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
- Help us help to scale our product to impact millions more customers
- Take ownership of the entire TransferWise user experience for our U.S. customers, helping to make their international transfers faster, easier and cheaper (this covers: banking; payment processing; verification; compliance & marketing
- Integrate payment methods and partners, creating a scalable and automated payments engine
- Understand our customers and the impact our product is making (through data analysis and user research) to drive our team and product roadmap.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your expertise in the fast-growing FinTech market in the US working alongside our CTO and growing engineering team based in the Flatiron district
- Choose your path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision & the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work and learn with our dev teams in London, Tallinn, Budapest, Singapore and more
A bit about you:
- You’ll be passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You’ll have solid Java 8 knowledge and hands-on experience
- You'll have experience with Spring frameworks - Spring Boot preferred
- You’ll have experience working with SQL databases, query optimisation & designing schemas
- You’ll have an understanding of test-driven development (TDD) and the desire to write tests
- You’ll have high coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
- You’ll be familiar with Continuous Delivery approach mindset
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’ll have experience with commercial software development and may have built modular scalable systems
- You might have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS etc)
- You have knowledge of payment platforms, foreign exchange and highly complex systems
- You have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
For a sneak - peek into our Engineering world check: [****] />
Some of your benefits...
This is a full-time position with our growing North America team and our scaling-up engineering office in New York City. All of our full-time employees are eligible for our great benefits, including:
- Competitive package including salary, stock options, and company matches to a 401k plan
- Generous vacation policy, including an all-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe and paid sabbatical after a certain period of time in the company
- Travel to and work with teams in our UK and European offices
- Peace of mind with terrific medical, dental, and vision plans alongside family leave
- Many social events, including team lunches on Friday
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.