London, United Kingdom
We're looking for a super smart SEO specialist to join our growing performance marketing team. SEO at TransferWise It's not about sticking keywords on a webpage or building artificial links, but making sure we offer the best possible products and content to our customers in order to provide them with the best experience.
At TransferWise we’re on a mission. A mission to empower our users to make smarter financial decisions based on transparent information. SEO is no different. There is no point in doing search unless you understand how you’re helping the end user.
So while we need someone who ‘gets’ SEO, we also need someone who can get to the heart of how we help our users and change the world for the better. If that’s you, read on.
What will you get to do?
- Cross-team collaboration is key - you will work closely with our product marketing engineers to develop early conversion funnels and other potential product ideas that will help our SEO team drive more qualified traffic.
- You’ll have the chance to put on your lab coat and run SEO experiments, proving the value of our ideas, and helping to scale them up.
- Keep on top of troubleshooting and fixing site issue, and ensure we maintain a clean internal link structure.
- Research new potential target audiences and figure out how best to reach them.
- Report against monthly and quarterly performance targets. Communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader company.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of our fantastic international teams, and even to travel to our offices around the world...
The ideal candidate will have….
- Experience in executing successful SEO projects (International experience is beneficial but not essential).
- Technical knowledge of SEO and confidence in managing SEO for a large-scale websites.
- Proven ability to work closely with technical (software development) teams.
- Confidence using the most popular SEO tools. Webmaster Consoles, Web Crawlers, Keyword tracking and backlinks discovery tools.
- Good appreciation of web analytics and tagging techniques.
- A head for numbers, easily able to extract key insights from data. Comfortable working on large datasets and proficiency using advanced Excel functionalities. Ideally basic SQL knowledge.
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results in a fast-paced online environment.
- Lastly but most importantly: passion for TransferWise mission and drive to provide our customers the best possible search experience.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented marketers who consistently break new ground in performance marketing. You’ll also be on the receiving end of some truly excellent benefits, including Vitality Healthcare, Aviva pension scheme, subsidised gym membership and a whole lot of free food.
Within TransferWise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact on one of the UK’s fastest growing & most successful startups.
More links that will help give you an understanding of what SEO at TransferWise is like:
We inspire smart people and we trust them - Nilan Peiris
Your value is not in your title - Vincent Oberle
Building successful SEO products in Angular JS - Jack Cornwall
We don't build links but focus on what matters for our customers - Fabrizio Ballarini