Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Director, Product Merchandising to join our Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying - and protecting - nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Product Merchandising Director will be responsible for elevating and implementing retail centric merchandising financial and assortment plans to drive Brand and Regional Strategies.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Manage team aligned with company principles
- Drive Market research and analysis to scout product trends and market opportunities including needed price segmentation
- Build MFP, Merchandising Brief and Assortment grids by Gender & Category based on over-arching product strategy, aligned with Financial Targets and Marketplace opportunities
- Own Regional Assortment Choices at each milestone aligned with Global Strategy and Targets (e.g., Commonality, Gross Margin, SKU efficiency)
- Translate MFP & Assortment plan into Regional Line Plans
- Plan product life cycle within each category
- Define and deliver the optimal Flow of Assortment (considering BJM, FP Revenue, early IDDs, Retail Moments, Segmentation) cross functionally
- Build Assortment with a clear Price Architecture by Gender/Category aligned with Brand Positioning and competitive landscape
- Manage Assortment related analysis and monitor product categories/brands
- Provide High-level buying guidelines on Key Franchises and Segmentation Plan
- Adopt/Drop and deliver Forecast at each milestone alongside Retail & Marketplace Merchandising and approved by Merch planning
- Be a key player in the GTM process, driving Strategic Choices
Skills for Success
- Experience: minimum 10 years of experience in the same position and 5+ years of experience in managing merchandising team
- University degree
- Knowledge of Footwear or Apparel business
- Fluent English (spoken and written) to communicate at all levels, internally and externally.
- Attention to details, flexibility.
- Teamwork and problem-solving attitude.
- Good pc skills
- Business Acumen
- Driving Execution
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Driving for Results
- Facilitating Change
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team, then we would like to hear from you!