The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for PHP Tech Lead (m/f/d). In this position, you will be responsible for organizing the development activities of a dedicated team. You will work closely with Product managers on planning and estimating feature-development. If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you. As a technical lead, you will help your teammates improve their skills, mentor and support during working on projects. Guiding colleagues, organizing cross-team communications, helping preparing project documentation, implementing scrum practices – just a few responsibilities for a day-to-day workflow.What we do:
- We write software mainly using PHP as a backend language and Typescript for nodejs and Frontend apps.
- We use Symfony Framework, express.js for backend and React for customer facing frontend applications. For internal back-office apps we use Angular.
- At Westwing we invest a lot into every engineer, and we help growing and improving skills for further career development.
- We face a lot of challenges on daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Establishing and executing a technological vision for your team in collaboration with your team, business stakeholders and the CTO
- Breaking down complex tasks to smaller pieces and distribute it across the team
- Verifying the outcome of those tasks, organize code reviews
- Scheduling estimation, planning and daily meetings to track progress, problems, plans
- Coaching the developers on topics they need more knowledge on
- Several years of experience with PHP, OOP, Zend, Yii, Symfony or other MVC Frameworks
- Hands-on experience with git, JIRA, Jenkins or other CI systems
- Good knowledge of MySQL, nginx, RabbitMQ. AWS, Behat are a plus
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- A great opportunity to grow as a software professional
- A truly shaping Tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth eCommerce company
Location: Munich Contact Person: Markus Winkler
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.