We are Wimdu, a German start-up with worldwide presence and headquarters in the heart of Berlin! Wimdu has grown to host over 350,000 properties in over 120 countries, connecting guests and hosts worldwide. We are offering a great travel experience for those looking for smart, individual and authentic alternative to hotels.
Since January 2017, we have been a unit of the leading holiday home provider Novasol and have been gaining additional momentum for the next stage of our journey to new shores. We are looking for candidates who are willing to support our team with passion and who want to be part of an international startup with long-term prospects. Are you in?
- Build, automate, and manage key parts of the global Wimdu production environment
- Help define a solid strategy for ensuring future growth of our platform
- Optimize existing systems and components for performance and stability
- Forge close relationships with development teams, and empower them to take ownership of their own parts of the infrastructure in a SOA environment
- Collaborate with developers and QA engineers on release processes, deployment and scaling
- Build and maintain core infrastructure components like monitoring services and automation recipes that our development teams can use
- Proactively monitor end-to- end system performance (client to database) to identify bottlenecks and potential failures, and help developers improve their code based on your analysis
- Assume strong ownership for what you build — including being on-call for it
- 3+ years experience managing a high traffic consumer-facing website
- Expert level Linux ( Ubuntu/Debian) system administration skills, and understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts (e.g. firewalls, load balancers, routing, DNS)
- Experience with cloud-based and on premise systems, provisioning tools, virtualization and monitoring
- You are very familiar with AWS
- You have first experience with Puppet/Chef
- Experience with Automation test
- Ideally, development experience in Ruby, Java, Python, Shell or other high-level languages
- You are open, communicative, and enjoy working as part of a diverse team
- Office in the center of Berlin
- Your choice of hardware (Mac, PC)
- Regular team events
- Free drinks, cereals and fruit
- Yearly budget for personal development
If you seek to work in a friendly and supportive environment with a high performance culture and many learning opportunities, then we are looking for you!
We offer international start-up spirit based in the heart of Germany's capital. Monthly events, a chilled-out work environment and fresh drinks and fruits will enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team. Of course you will be able to choose your OS freely, while working with up to date equipment.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?