We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the Role:
- You will be a key member of Wooga's accounting team, you will prepare accounting entries, the proper documentation and assess the accounting treatment of business transactions
- You will provide support in various reporting and analysis tasks
- You will support the AP accountant in peak times or during vacation season
- You will participate in month-end closing activities and look for ways to apply your experience to ensure we continue improving and developing processes
- You will work together with our tax advisers on tax matters, auditors and payment service providers such as banks
- You will help align and improve our accounting system to ensure it best reflects the organization's structure
- You will use your experience to develop meaningful ideas to implement new business procedures
- You are an accountant with professional experience in financial accounting or worked as a “Steuerfachangestellte/r”
- You have a full understanding of the requirements of German GAAP and basic knowledge about the German tax regulations
- You have basic knowledge about IFRS/US GAAP
- You have advanced knowledge in Excel and experience with ERP systems such as SAP Business One, MS Dynamics, Oracle are a plus
- You are fluent in English and German language; English is our office language, but due to job requirements, German fluency is required
- You are independent and proactive: you independently take over tasks and contribute ideas to find solutions for individual problems
- You are flexible and happy to take over tasks outside of your scope to support the team and grow with the tasks
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!