We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
Our HR Team is devoted to continuously creating an environment where our people are excited to contribute to our vision and the company’s strategy. We are aiming to provide the most engaging and innovative employee experience as well as to inspire joy in work and play for everyone! We are currently looking for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join us on that journey and to complement our HR team offering excellent service to our employees. We newly created this role to best fulfill business needs and create a bridge between our HR and Accounting Team.
By working with our HR Generalists and Accountants, you will play a key position in our internal Payroll processes. You will not only deal with everything payroll related but also gain profound, insightful, and highly valuable HR experience and knowledge. With your highly engaging and proactive approach, you will identify and manage payroll and benefits-related projects to positively impact the employee experience.About the role
- You will manage payroll-related data and reports. You will ensure information reliability and availability within our HRIS system and personnel files
- You will administer our company bonus schemes and pension plans, and prepare the payouts accordingly
- You will work closely with our internal Accounting team and external payroll provider to provide smooth payroll processes
- You will properly document payroll processes and perform regular internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- You will manage the awesome range of benefits that we offer to our employees, and work closely with our external benefits partners
- You will offer daily administrative assistance to our employees and managers, including contract management, when it comes to our offered benefits
- You will identify opportunities for process and system improvement
- You have relevant hands-on experience in HR Payroll, Compensation and Benefits, ideally also with SOX controls
- You bring advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- You have ideally worked with Datev before
- Ideally, you have theoretical HR background, preferably within the digital industry
- You are a customer-focused, analytical, motivated, structured and curious person with a growth mindset
- You have a keen interest working on administrative tasks, such as data maintenance in our HRIS and payroll
- You bring a good understanding of German labor law
- You have an excellent German level
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!