We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022, 2023 & 2024!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
This role would focus on new announced projects, and ideally will keep publishing ownership of them also when they will be Live.
The ideal candidate comes with an online game publishing background and has a proven track record of consistently delivering strong business value across multiple markets and products. You have to be capable of operating at the strategic level while also enjoying a hands-on approach to execution. You are comfortable operating in a data-driven and fast-paced industry where decision speed is paramount.
By working closely with the game team, you will define and coordinate the publishing strategy to ensure the successful publishing and market performance of our games.
What you will be doing:
- Devise and implement the strategy for multiple markets and IPs making sure it delivers against our business goals and global brand vision
- Constantly identify and evaluate new business opportunities and provide frequent recommendations and updates to senior management
- Prioritize, allocate and manage Publishing budget across all markets to ensure that both financial and human resources are optimally utilized against company objectives
- Design and oversee KPIs across multiple projects to track ROI and internalize new learnings
- Drive regional and global publishing projects with the ownership of planning, alignment, execution and post-analysis
- Foster cross-functional collaboration across internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and develop team members to enhance the overall performance
- Provide local insights to optimize projects and campaigns for engagement, reach and monetization
- Working with LIVEOps on the implementation of the Publishing Game strategy
- You are a publishing professional with solid experience within the gaming or entertainment industry
- You have had direct P&L ownership either as a business or product lead and you have demonstrated the ability to own a significant budget knowing how to make tough trade-offs to maximize the overall consumer experience and business impact
- You are capable of devising cutting-edge strategies backed by insightful market and player analysis
- You are great at tracking KPIs across multiple markets and projects and understand how to interpret information and devise a solid set of appropriate actions
- You have a deep understanding of the various games publishing disciplines with a focus on strategy and IP management
- You are a proactive learner who is comfortable providing constructive feedback and lead by example
- You are effective in managing large and complex projects without missing deadlines
- You know how to build long-term relationships and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Our hybrid work model allows you to choose a blend of in-office days and work from home. Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!