Babbel is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. The key is a blend of humanity and technology.
More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 180+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Product Analyst to start immediately as part of our Learning and Content Analytics Team in Berlin. Learning and Content Analytics supports the Product & Engineering tribe working on our self-study language learning experiences to make data-driven decisions and help them uncover levers that drive learning outcomes. Successful candidates will be supporting cross-functional teams to optimise the experiences that our learners engage with along their language learning journey.
- Work with product leaders on setting and communicating objectives and key results based on observable learner behaviour
- Challenge and contribute to product decisions with insights and business cases via various methods, including A/B testing and analysis of observational data
- Develop in-depth understanding for what drives user behaviour in the product, and uncover growth levers by conducting and coordinating focussed research
- Drive data mindset in Product & Engineering to become a reliable and responsive point of contact for tribe leadership
- 2+ years of experience in a product/data analyst role or equivalent, preferably for an online business, with a proven track record of transforming data into actionable reporting solutions and insights
- You love to enable people with data and insights, have a talent for building strong professional relationships as well as tell compelling stories using data
- You are proficient in SQL (we use Snowflake)
- You are proficient in (self-service) analytics tools such as Tableau or Amplitude
- You have experience in supporting product teams in validating hypotheses using various methods, including A/B testing
- You have some experience with either Python, R or other coding languages (we use Python)
Nice to have:
- You have a background in linguistics, didactics or learning science
Babbel is a great place to work, amongst many other things, you will enjoy:
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- Visa and relocation assistance
- Full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith and nap room
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers+, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group and more
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns at the beginning of your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog!