GetYourGuide is revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. A key part of this revolution is the imagery we produce to engage our global customer base with the incredible experiences they can do wherever they travel. We are looking for freelance photographers with a sense of adventure to work with us to capture the experience of the activities we offer, putting themselves literally in the customer’s shoes and helping us tell the story of these experiences through images.
Our photographers are strategically based around the world and travel short distances from where they are based to fulfill assignments photographing the experience of activities offered on our platform. Assignments are paid based on the duration of the activity (anything from 1-hour tours to full-day trips), and you will deliver a set number of the photos dependent on the duration of the assignment. All entrance fees are covered and a travel stipend is provided for our photographers per assignment as needed. We ask that you be fluent in English and properly registered as a freelancer in your country of residence.
- Experience working in a documentary style of photography to capture events
- Flexible to work with a diversity of environments (outdoors as well as indoors shots) and activity types (e.g. city tours, water activities, shows/performances, etc).
- Comfortable giving some direction to real people who will be part of the activities you’re photographing
- Comfortable asking real customers who you’ve shot and are recognizable in your photos to sign our model release
- Able to take direction, follow a brief, and meet specific deadlines
- Able to work with Google Drive and Google Sheets
- Taking ownership of your shoot assignment, i.e. communicating with our activity providers before the shoot for any questions, monitoring the weather leading up to the shoot
- Newer full-frame mirrorless or DSLR camera (able to handle the odd low-light situation)
- Sharp glass ranging between 20mm-80mm (primes or zoom both accepted) under f/4
- Lightroom or Capture One
- Regular flow of assignments in your area
- Punctual monthly payments
- Personal support: you’ll have a dedicated point of contact who will support you with setting you up with assignments through to the final delivery of photos
- Friends and family discount: all our freelance photographers receive a 20% discount on GetYourGuide bookings you make outside of your shoot assignments (which are fully covered)
Instructions on how to apply are below.
In addition to your CV, please include a cover letter introducing yourself, your experience, where you’re based, and a link to your portfolio.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply below. If shortlisted, you will be invited to complete a short coordination task. We regret that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible for us to provide individual feedback. We look forward to receiving your application.
N.B. We regret that we can only consider applications received via our website. Therefore, if you are reading this application on LinkedIn, please apply via our careers page: careers.getyourguide.com
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.