We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
We’re looking for someone who has exceptional business acumen and who knows how to harness the power of data analytics to generate huge commercial value for our UK Lending business.
As Business Insights Strategy Lead, you’ll improve how we measure and evaluate business outcomes / KPIs and you’ll uncover important insights which help to unlock greater commercial value. As well as refining key metrics and generating valuable insights, you’ll also be responsible for communicating them widely across the business, and embedding them so that other teams and stakeholders can easily absorb these insights and use them to their full advantage.
iwoca already has a wealth of data and has developed predictive and explanatory models over the past 10 years which provide essential insights into business performance. However, given iwoca’s current stage of growth and where we are heading, there is a massive opportunity for someone with the right skills to increase the volume, accuracy and utility of the insights that are available to the business from this data.
Here are some examples of the things you’ll do in this role :-
- Develop a deep understanding of how we measure customer life-time value, and how we should adapt our models for a world where customers may take repeat loans and hold multiple products
- Improve the robustness of metrics in order to assess business performance against agreed objectives
- Assess the accuracy of OKR evaluations from teams within UK Lending
- Analyse the customer conversion funnel and identify where there are potential opportunities to maximise customer lifetime value
You’ll report directly to one of our Co-Founders, James. He has built and still leads iwoca’s Tech and Analytics teams, and more recently has taken commercial responsibility for the successful and profitable growth of iwoca’s UK lending business. You will have significant influence over the strategic direction of the business, and you’ll be able to advise and direct the priorities of a range of business functions in order to achieve our growth ambitions.You’ll have a deep interest in how to identify when a business is being successfully run. You’ll have substantial knowledge of data analytics and statistical methods; possibly through formal training, or possibly through acquiring those skills in pursuit of better commercial outcomes. You will likely have a proven track record in using your skills directly to ensure that the most important commercial issues are being identified and resolved by harnessing the full power of data analytics.
You will have:-
- Proven commercial experience working with business leaders and strategy stakeholders
- Working knowledge of design thinking & agile methodologies
- Strong project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Experience manipulating data in Python and using reporting tools such as Looker
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain complex concepts simply, accurately and clearly and you can also logically present your thinking and tailor your communication effectively to a range of audiences
- Experience with machine learning methodologies and when to use them and when not to use them
- Exposure to Version Control software such as git is a nice to have
- Energy and curiosity - you’ll be restlessly looking for ways to add value, while still being able to structure your ideas and prioritize effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- More interested in discovering new things than fixing things (other teams will be responsible for solving the problems you find)
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well at the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental (?) leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbaticals after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.