iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in minutes.
Since 2012, we've lent over £1 billion to 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
This role is within the Fintech team at iwoca, an analytical and engineering team focussed on the concerns of our Finance function.
Your mission will be:
- Application of structured modelling techniques, primarily to build tools for understanding profitability.
- Analysis of our financial covenants.
- Continuous additions and improvements to our self-serve reporting infrastructure.
- Ad-hoc work to support the creation of new commercial agreements including financing transactions.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong analytical background, e.g Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent knowledge.
- Established experience from working in industry, for example in modelling for fixed income or other derivatives
- Strong programming skills (Python or other)
- Polyvalent. You’re likely to be getting hands on with modelling, engineering, and reporting to varying degrees.
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in a relatively unconstrained environment.
- A healthy skepticism and desire to build innovative, but practical, solutions to business problems.
In return, you’ll get a say in how things are done, the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners, and to work on big and challenging projects.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Tottenham Court Road and Covent Garden
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code