Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. We believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
We’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance one million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
About the role
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to use Agile(ish) processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We run our Django-powered platform on AWS, use asynchronous tools (Twisted, Celery) for time-consuming tasks and scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas) for risk aspects. Application orchestration is done with Docker/Terraform/ECS and our monitoring is set up using DataDog/Sentry.
As a Tech Lead at iwoca, you’ll find yourself responsible for:
- Leading the technical direction within your area of code, making incremental improvements, or suggesting and leading the implementation of refactors
- Managing a team of engineers, helping them to build strong technical solutions, giving them direction and helping them to grow in their career
- Helping Product Managers to understand the technical feasibility of solutions, and facilitating the implementation of these solutions
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Very strong numerate background, e.g. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- A high technical aptitude and strong attention to detail
- Experience programming in Python / Django
- Experience managing more junior engineers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of web technologies
- Industry experience with full stack architecture
- Relational databases (esp. PostgreSQL)
- Willingness to learn!
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Covent Garden & Leeds. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- A calendar of ‘remote friendly’ events each week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual Yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you’ll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse to improve your coding skills or learn a new coding language.
25 days holi...
A smart, fun...
Plenty of dr...
Pool, ping p...
Ci spiace ma per accedere a questo contenuto è necessario il consenso ai cookie di categoria "pubblicità mirata".
Aggiorna subito le tue impostazioni e poi ricarica la pagina.