We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Here at N26 the TechOps team is continuously trying to optimize and automate manual tasks to cope with the tremendous growth of the company moving away from the traditional IT into a more DevSecOps approach relying on technology to empower people.
TechOps Automation designs, builds and supports internal tools and services for N26 with a focus on simplifying the administration overhead and improving productivity and efficiency while offering a delightful experience to our employees and partners.
You will work closely with our security teams who specialise in defense and penetration as well as our SRE team that looks after our infrastructure. Harmonies between our core teams are wanted and supported on all levels.
If you like to think out of the box and make people's lives easier by providing easy to use, intuitive and powerful webapps, we are looking for you!
Once Here You Will
- Design, build and support an array of internal tools and systems our employees use every day
- Be in contact with the users of the Internal Tools team to gather new requirements to make those tools better and more productive
- Actively discuss implementation details and architecture challenges with all the other members of the team and also other partners in the business
- Embrace change and daily challenges while following the ideas of the Agile development methodologies
- Good Knowledge of backend languages like (Go or Node preferred)
- Recent experience with at least one modern client side, component oriented framework or library (React, Ember, Vue, you name it)
- Good knowledge of the most recent flavors of CSS and you can properly and semantically structure an HTML document on the spot
- A passion for reading and writing good documentation
- Appreciation for continuous integration and deployment
- <3 for continuous improvements of existing processes and business flows
- Passion for automation
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of RDBMS like PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of TypeScript and GraphQL would be a plus
- The desire to contribute and give back to community through OpenSource projects
- Interest in security projects
What our Stack looks like:
- Micro Service-oriented architecture
- Go as the main technology for backend / automation of processes
- React.js, Node.js, TypeScript as the main technologies for frontend-relevant applications
- REST and GraphQL for interaction between services
- AWS RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL...)
- Docker, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform and much more for infrastructure-relevant topics
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Exciting Challenges
- Personalized Onboarding
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Working with engaged, smart engineers
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.