Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, Digitas, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
Descrizione del lavoro
Our opportunity is dedicated to undergraduates or young graduates who want to deepen BI and Big Data issues and technologies in a structured data-driven context, with curricular or extra-curricular internships.
The resource will work in the “BI Development and Data Tech” team, technological fulcrum for the communication of the future, where he/she will be able to deepen the areas of interest in a data-driven context, with data management solutions and in continuous collaboration with the data science team.
Inserted in a team of senior developers and BI specialists, he/she will acquire and consolidate problem solving skills, bug fixing, team working, simple task development and will support the team in the conception and development of new BI platforms based on web applications, ETL tools / Big Data and modern cloud architectures.
Here are some of the activities that will be possible to learn within the team considering the individual propensity and attitude:
- Data Modeling BI and Data Warehousing solutions
- Performs technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for custom built data warehousing solutions
- Development and management of ETL jobs for data transformation
- Manage data injection phase for several data sources and connectors
- Communicate with nontechnical business users to determine specific business requirements for reports and business intelligence solutions
- Creation and maintenance of dashboards and reports in different technologies (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Support in the definition of the db (sql) and development of simple tasks on the db side (stored procedures, creation of views, ...) with particular attention to issues related to the performance on the db side
- Support and bug fixing for reports from customers and internal agencies on existing BI solutions
- Simple BI / Big Data and / or development side tasks (backend / frontend)
- Analysis and reverse engineering of AS IS applications supporting the team in defining the technical requirements for the creation of new future products
- Direct involvement in the management and maintenance of BI solutions based on different technologies such as, to name a few, Python, Go, PHP, Talend, VBA / Excel, MongoDB, cloud services (AWS RDS, S3, Lambda functions, …)
The possibility of working on different technologies and products in charge of the team, will give the opportunity to build his/her own path of growth and training, defining it during the internship in agreement with the manager of reference, also based on the attitude and skills of the candidate.
He/she will participate in the different phases of the software life cycle, learning the most widespread and requested working methods with the related reference tools (Scrum Agile, tracking / planning activities in Jira, writing technical documentation, software versioning via GIT, ...), useful to become a solid professional in the sector.
If you have:
- Degree in computer science and/or experience in IT
- Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of SQL and data warehousing concepts
- Basic knowledge of at least one program language and main programming concepts
- Proactivity and desire to learn new technologies and working methods
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to organize and analyze new tasks
- Attitude to problem solving
- Flexibility, dynamism, motivation
Send us your application!
This opportunity does not provide relocation support.
6 months full time internship
We take care of our talents and their wellbeing:
- Future of Work: flexible hours and smartworking
- Corporate benefit: a platform dedicated to our people full of offers, discounts and more
- Learning&Development: a tailored learning path, individual and needs based approach, always on!
- Corporate Wellness: free access to online training classes for your physical and psychological wellbeing
Did you know that our motto is Viva la difference? With or without D.Lgs. 198/2006, we can't wait to meet you and welcome you, whoever you are!
Find more about Publicis Groupe Italy and our values on our official IG page here.