We’re looking for a battle-tested Engineering Manager to lead our product team and to help us keep growing.
Our mission is to make moving money globally as simple as sending a text, by removing the processes and fees associated with traditional banking institutions. You’ll be joining a scale-up fintech company that has 140% YoY revenue growth, along with an international team of 170+ employees, a great product and a service that’s available in 50+ countries.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be managing, working with and coaching a team of experienced engineers, providing them with the context and tactical goals, architectural guidance, and day-to-day technical direction. You and your team will collaborate with business stakeholders to define product roadmap, goals and deliverables. Your work will directly impact the business day-to-day in tangible and visible ways. Your team will be fully owning a dedicated product domain, responsible for that end-to-end: full stack, full life-cycle.
Your work will be a balanced mix of hands-on software engineering, team management, and research - you will have a lot of space to contribute yourself, and to keep your technical competency sharp.
If you're excited to be part of a winning team, to work on a purposeful “pain-killer” product, to sharpen your technical leadership skills, and to level-up towards senior engineering roles (tech co-founder, VPE, etc.), it is a perfect place to get ahead.
You’ll be reporting to VP Engineering.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leading an autonomous cross-functional technical team to build and improve exciting FinTech products.
- Working with other teams both within the engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get a better understanding of user needs and the impact of work the team does.
- Providing context so team members can perform specific tasks.
- Helping people on the team grow professionally ensuring everyone's voice is heard and a wide range of people can be successful.
- Hiring great coworkers to join the team.
Here’s what we’d love from our new Engineering Manager:
- Experience leading and guiding engineering teams (formally or informally; we care about your actual achievements, not titles)
- Experience designing, building and running distributed software systems
- Recent hands-on software engineering experience (this is a contributing manager role, you would need to get your hands dirty)
- A generalist rather than a specialist - you're excited by experimentation and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration
And if you can also do these things, even better:
- Financial industry experience, especially in a startup, would be helpful in this role - but is not required
- Working knowledge of our tech stack would be a benefit (or ability to learn and ramp-up quickly)
- Hands-on experience building cloud-native applications and services (we are AWS house)
- Hands-on experience with incremental delivery, continuous integration, continuous deployment, coding for automated testing
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way.
We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits are:
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community
- A competitive salary package
- Private health insurance (after 6 months of employment)
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home
- The opportunity to learn with a company that is rapidly growing, along with a guaranteed training budget of €1,000
- A friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment (pet-friendly office, team events, tasty snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings, a fun budget and events
Monthly salary from 4400 € to 7800 € (gross) depending on the level of experience.