As a financial technology service/company moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials & pricing. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Due to continued and rapid growth we’re on the hunt for a Finance Analyst to join our Financial Planning team (FP&A) in Shoreditch, London. You’ll be part of the team that helps pilot the rocket ship.
- Your main focus will be using your technical skills to develop and support new pricing models and propositions
- You will work cross-team and drive pricing proposals from initial stages to final deployment for customers
- You will further be evolving our existing pricing structures to be an accurate representation of the underlying products and business and ensuring the consistency and reliability of those
- The structured process you develop and maintain should be as automated as possible and the outputs adhere to numerous internal requirements
- This will involve working within our product and analyst community to deeply understand the link between our product and financials, as well as other teams’ analytics and TransferWise’s systems
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play a crucial role - in using data to help understand TransferWise’s economics & pricing principles, you will develop and maintain models and support the team that sets the price that our customers pay
- Own your own path to success - you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Learn and grow - there’s a lot to be done!
A bit about you:
- Passionate about what we’re building at TransferWise
- Love digging in data, numbers, thinking systematically, and analyzing inter-dependencies
- Strong command of SQL, ideally you also have experience with Python or you're willing to pick it up
- Can work autonomously, take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to operate to defined timelines while working and effectively communicating with people from different backgrounds - from engineers building systems to non-technical stakeholders
- Humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, keen to learn
- Able to work across multiple teams, offices, time-zones with flexibility and a can do attitude
- Ideally you have worked in a finance team before and know the basic terminology
- Eager to learn fast and continuously about finance and accounting, modern systems and understand how they work
- Legally authorized to work in the UK
Please make sure your application/CV is submitted in English, as this is our working language.
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.