Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Today, customers have paid over £2 billion into their borderless accounts and are saving themselves £60 million every month in bank fees. Yet we’re moving less than 1% of the world’s money. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
So, what's the role?
We’re looking for a Finance Analyst to join the global FPA team, supporting the finance function to forecast and control its regulatory capital and liquidity requirements and mature its controls, monitoring and reporting, which will help the business to achieve its mission.
The role needs to coordinate across numerous teams including FP&A, Risk, Compliance, Regulatory Reporting and Regional Financial Controllers. The role will own the forecasts and stress tests across our entities and globally.
- As a member of the FPA team you will help ensure the finance-owned regulatory processes and risks are understood, monitored, reported and appropriately mitigated through adequate and efficient controls
- As part of a team across numerous disciplines conduct, own or ensure the risk models (e.g. ICAAP, ILAAP), stress tests and other regulatory requirements are performed as required by regulators e.g. FCA (UK), APRA (Australia), NBB (Belgium) and internal policies.
- Ensure the regulatory requirements are regularly forecasted, reviewed and shared with the relevant stakeholders. This also requires developing a deep understanding of our business drivers and the overall forecasting process.
- Ensure that capital and liquidity regulatory requirements are monitored, strategically planned and optimised with Regional Financial Controllers, treasury, product and other teams.
- Help us strengthen our knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and their implications on our long term objectives and sustainability
Our finance team is spread across the globe, but mainly in London and Tallinn, so do expect a lot of video-calls and some travel. Your work will be instrumental in creating and improving our knowledge, control and reporting of capital requirements, which is becoming a fundamental skill as we grow our product suite and geographical coverage.
A bit about you:
- 5+ experience building financial models for businesses like ours (ideally in the payments space but not critical). Comfortable with P&L, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS reporting and general accounting concepts
- Prior experience in a regulated environment is crucial to this role, ideally Including experience in prudential regulations (e.g. CRR, ICAAP, ILAAP or equivalents overseas) in a multinational environment
- Experience of reviewing, creating or running risk models, stress tests and regulatory monitoring
- A self starter with the ability to analyse data, take judgements and suggest structural and product strategies to improve capital and liquidity efficiency
- Worked in a fast moving, multinational financial services (preferably fintech) environment.
- Passionate about what we’re building at Wise.
- Love digging in data, numbers, thinking systematically, and analyzing inter-dependencies.
- Keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still.
- Strong communicator: articulate, clear, strategic - with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, keen to learn. Firm and forceful when required.
- Able to operate to defined timelines while bringing together a diverse stakeholder group.
- Able to work across multiple teams, offices, time-zones (and travel when needed!) with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
- Qualified accountant, with proven post qualification experience
- Competitive compensation, including salary and generous stock options
- Incredible benefits
- The chance to be part of one of THE companies of our time
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, Wise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At Wise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.
Tutte le spe...
Congedo di m...
Ping pong, X...
Pranzi di te...
Ci spiace ma per accedere a questo contenuto è necessario il consenso ai cookie di categoria "pubblicità mirata".
Aggiorna subito le tue impostazioni e poi ricarica la pagina.