TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a passionate Python Developer to join our mission.
For our customers, using TransferWise is as simple as sending money from A to B. Yet behind our app and website is a complex engine of currencies and routes, generating terabytes of data each day. This role is an opportunity to change the way internal customer experience and interact with the analysis of this data.
The Analytics-Platform team builds and operates the platform that empowers our analysts with the tools required to extract knowledge from the raw data and in that way move their teams forward. You will be working within the Analytics-Platform team to develop and run software used by analysts, including our in-house built data duplication software PipelineWise as well as our extensive DevOps tools.
What does it take?
Is that you?
- You have solid knowledge of Python ecosystem
- Are a software engineer at heart with an interest in analytics and data
- Are experienced with distributed and concurrent systems, and you know the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures.
- High coding standards come natural to you whilst having an understanding of test coverage and its best practices, whilst being versed in writing effective scalable code
- You have a DevOps and Continuous Integration approach to work
- SQL databases are no stranger to you, you know how to optimise queries and are able to design schemas
- You have the ability to work in a team - identify problems, create plans and implement solutions
What is nice to have
- Hands on knowledge of system integration patterns - REST, SQL databases, event streams like Kafka
- Passionate about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- You keep the customer is at the heart of everything you do and this empathy drives all decision you make
- Knowledge and interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart people
And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work - a practical guide
- TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role, unless you are based in London and are on a Tier-2. With current restrictions on global travel due to Covid-19, we’re not able to relocate any new joiners over the next few months. We encourage you to sign up for our job alerts to keep an eye on new roles posted as we’re hoping the situation will change soon.
Tutte le spe...
Congedo di m...
Ping pong, X...
Pranzi di te...
Ci spiace ma per accedere a questo contenuto è necessario il consenso ai cookie di categoria "pubblicità mirata".
Aggiorna subito le tue impostazioni e poi ricarica la pagina.