We’re looking for an experienced Technical SEO Specialist to join our growing team.
This role is a unique opportunity to tackle a wide variety of SEO challenges on a number of different sites we own. You’ll be working closely with developers, analysts, and content specialists to support and grow our partner sites, and you’ll benefit from exposure to many different projects across a large number of websites and verticals.
If you have at least 2 years experience of technical SEO, preferably in an agency, and preferably working on large websites, we’ve been looking for you!
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options amongst other benefits.
- Support our partners and affiliates by identifying opportunities for growth. You’ll conduct extensive keyword research then scope and supervise implementation of changes, including new landing pages, tools, and content streams.
- Test ideas for cool new products. Work with experts throughout TransferWise to better understand our prospective customers, who they are and what they’re interested in, and use this to inform development of new initiatives.
- Work with engineers, translators, and analysts to supervise content production, plan and manage development resource, and capitalise on SEO opportunities.
- Help us measure opportunity and results, ensuring we work efficiently and make decisions based on potential business impact.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work as part of the Affiliates team, alongside a Senior SEO Specialist, a Content Specialist, and an engineer to manage development and drive performance of our portfolio of owned partner sites.
- Have a real impact and get things done. We care about results here, and from the outset you will be able to see the real impact of your work across our partner sites. You’ll be involved in ideation and forecasting all the way through to delivery and measuring the results.
- Develop and grow. This is a great place to learn: we’re constantly expanding into new markets and reaching new kinds of users. You’ll also get the added benefit of working on multiple sites, many of which are still in their infancy - you’ll have considerable freedom to contribute to their direction and growth.
- You’ll get a personal development budget, too, for you to spend on training, books, or conferences.
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand that everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel: our team is split between London, Tallinn, and Budapest. In normal times, most of us will travel between those cities at least once a quarter. We have annual team offsites and then the entire company gets together in Estonia once a year for Summer Days.
- See the results of your work making a difference to people in their everyday lives.
A bit about you:
- You’ll have experience in executing large scale technical SEO projects (international experience is beneficial but not essential).
- Demonstrable experience working as part of a cross-functional team, including with both developers and content specialists.
- Familiarity with a variety of CMS platforms, including WordPress.
- An understanding of structured and linked data, with experience working with Schema.org and structured data syntaxes such as Microdata, RDFa-Lite or JSON-LD.
- Proficient in crawl management, including experience executing log file analysis and advanced use of Screaming Frog.
- Confident using the most popular SEO tools: Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Majestic, etc.
- Highly organised and have a strong attention to detail.
- You are eager to learn and are proactive and self-sufficient in doing so.
- You enjoy solving problems. You take a thoughtful and structured approach. You think critically about our ideas and assumptions.
- You thrive on honest and constructive feedback: both to help you in your own role and to help your colleagues in theirs.
- You know how to measure your own performance.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.