We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
For our newly formed QA Engineering Department, we are looking for an experienced QA Test Engineer for our Web Tools (SAAS) team.
In this new department at Wooga, you will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department's mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded, alongside QA Automation Engineers, in our Web Tools team to ensure we continue to produce the internal tooling that supports our hit Story-Driven Casual Games.
Leveraging your experience in manual testing, you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum, keeping a focus on the user experience, and ensuring performance targets are exceeded.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for test case standards, writing test plans, definition and execution of tests
- You will develop and maintain strategies for testing with other team members
- You will regularly test new features and functionalities to ensure consistent performance, great quality, and a good user experience
- You will organize and participate in testing sessions with the rest of the team
- You will look for opportunities and help to transform manual testing into automated testing, together with the rest of the development and automation engineers
- You will ensure features meet acceptance criteria and quality standards before release
- Understanding how multiple, complex features interact in order to anticipate or mitigate edge and corner cases will be the cornerstone of your role
- You will be responsible for Test planning and management
- You have experience as a dedicated embedded QA Engineer working on a SAAS product in a cross-functional Agile team
- You are an advocate for quality assurance, agile, and DevOps
- You can communicate effectively, build relationships, and collaborate with multiple teams throughout the entire company
- You want to enhance your abilities as a tester by learning new skills, e.g. automating your manual work
This job is open for all seniorities!
Nice to have but not a must:
- You have experience working with Jenkins, Cypress, or Playwright
- You have experience writing Test Cases in TestRail
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!