iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We work with a host of commercial finance brokers across the UK to offer finance to their clients, and this channel generates a substantial proportion of iwoca’s total revenues.
As an Account Manager for our Broker Channel you’ll be the first port of call for our brokers and will give them exceptional customer service in managing loan applications for their clients. You will also provide our brokers with an in-depth understanding of iwoca’s product benefits, customer eligibility and use cases.
In addition to building relationships with our brokers, you will also work closely with internal teams to manage loan applications through to completion. The key success factors will be the quality of relationships you build, your speed of service, and overall broker satisfaction. You will also have the opportunity to help shape and develop the future of this valuable channel.
Your mission will be to:
- Manage the day-to-day working relationship with all brokers, including our ‘Gold’ brokers who introduce high volumes of business
- Pre-screen applications, ensuring the broker provides all necessary business documentation for a credit review
- Provide timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries
- Provide new brokers with excellent product training and support in order to maximise lead flow
- Work closely with our Credit and Account Management teams in order to improve conversion rates and broker satisfaction
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and tasks for our Broker Channel Managers
- Help organise and attend broker entertainment / industry events
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- A strong customer service ethic
- The ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, client facing role
- Knowledge of the UK business finance market (including our competitors) is a plus
- Experience working in a fast paced customer service role is desirable
- This would be an excellent opportunity for recent graduates looking to gain experience in financial services
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.