We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is building the first mobile bank the world loves to use. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and
launched the initial product in early 2015. Today N26 has more than 2.3 million customers in 24 markets across Europe who
currently hold over €1 billion in accounts and generate over €1.5 billion in monthly transaction volume. The company employs
more than 700 employees across 3 office locations: Berlin, New York and Barcelona. With a full European banking license,
state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 has redesigned banking for the 21st century and is available on
Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from the world’s most established investors, including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland,
Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
and the UK. N26 plans to enter the US market in 2019 where it will operate via its wholly-owned subsidiary, N26 Inc., based in
The TechOps Group at N26 includes the Automation and Helpdesk (Office IT) Teams. The Automation Team ensures the scalability of internal workflows by eliminating a range of manual steps and processes. The Helpdesk (Office IT) Team provides 1st and 2nd level hardware and software support to employees, and is also engaged in several longer-running projects to increase the overall stability and security of the office.
The most important stakeholders collaborating with the TechOps Group are the People Team, the Customer Service Team, the Bank entity and the Systems Engineering Group (including Site Reliability Engineering and Security).
Once here you will
What You'll Bring Along
- Maintain and refine the backlog for automation topics
- Plan both internal and joint projects (BCM tests, office setups, Customer Service department support, etc.)
- Define recurring tasks and schedule them in the Automation backlog
- Support the Helpdesk (Office IT) Team in actively training and promoting best practices in organization
- Collaborate with the teams and the Technical Writer in defining and maintaining step-by-step guides and documentation for software and hardware usage
- Lead joint projects with other teams, with special emphasis on the Security Team
- Research and find the best practices for introducing more automation
- Improve best practices for project discovery sessions, working with management
- Help refine the relationship between TechOps and the People Team regarding the challenges of onboarding/offboarding in the company’s hypergrowth phase
- Help to improve the SLA management with Customer Service teams
- Solid educational background or practical experience in a similar role is critical
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodology
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, as we grow fast and changes come up frequently
- Knowledge of the products we offer and passion for N26
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects designed to establish process and mitigate fraud, and user risk
What we offer
- Technical background in the field of software engineering/product management
- Experience working with engineering managers, product owners and developers
- Work alongside a CTO who has 15 years of Agile software development experience and a strong commitment to employee empowerment and diversity
- Create the environment and process that enables highly effective teams to deliver the best that they can
- Professional Development Budget of 1500 EUR/year
- 24 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and a special attention to work-life balance
- Fixed and fair salary ranges instead of individual negotiation
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- A company committed to championing diversity and inclusion, and supporting colleagues regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnic or national origin
- A wide range of employee benefits including a premium bank account, sports clubs and German courses
- The ability to take part in our Get Stuff Done Days
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.