We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for an experienced (Senior) QA Automation Engineer for our growing QA Engineering Department.
You will work inside one of our games, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices. You will be the ambassador of Quality and Automation.
Day to day, you will work embedded within one of our story-driven casual games. Additionally, you will work on cross-team projects with the rest of the QA discipline to share knowledge, define best practices, and continually improve our frameworks to improve our quality. Leveraging your agile and automated testing experience, you will ensure our releases go smoothly by providing assistance and guiding teams’ initiatives.
About the role
- You will explore and implement tools, processes, and frameworks that can make an impact on our SDLC.
- You will maintain and own the automation testing framework together with your Game team.
- You, with the assistance of others, will develop, create, and enhance automated tests.
- At least 3+ (for Senior 8+) years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role, e.g. developer)
- At least 2+ years of experience in C# is a must
- You are an advocate for quality, testing, automation, and DevOps
- You are a team player and value collaboration
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise to help the team improve
- You have the coding skills to learn and explore new tools, frameworks, and languages
- Your English (both written and spoken) is good - no German skills are required, but we will help you learn if you’re keen!
Nice to have but not a must
- You have experience with testing in Unity.
- You have experience in Game automation.
- You are familiar with several FrontEnd test automation frameworks and/or tools, e.g. Visual testing, GameBench, and Appium (Selenium).
- Experience with automation testing on real mobile devices.
- You will meet and talk to various people with whom you will work in the future.
During the process, we will ask for a coding task in C#.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Our hybrid work model allows you to choose a blend of in-office days and work from home. Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!