iwoca started in 2012 and was born out of the frustration that small businesses lack the access to finance they need to reach their potential. Our belief then was that technology must enable us to significantly shorten the archaic 8-week bank application process which more often than not results in a ‘no’. Nearly a decade later and we have served more than 50,000 businesses across the UK and Germany with more than £2 billion of finance. Our personal best from a business starting an application to money in the bank is 3m26s (faster than Mo Farah on 1,500 meters). It’s a good start, but it’s just the beginning.
Our mission is to finance 1 million businesses, so still, a long way to go.
Through the course of our journey, we have learned that
- SME lending is a tech play at heart - processing applications from SMEs of all shapes and sizes is very complex, and the effective use of technology is essential for doing that at scale
- Embedded finance is the future for SME lending - businesses won’t need to go to banks anymore. We’re increasingly reaching businesses by embedding our finance offering through API integrations into the SME ecosystem including online marketplaces, accountancy systems, or neobanks
- Payments and credit are converging: Many businesses have cash-flow gaps because they receive money from their customers only way after having to pay their own bills. So we want to tackle the cashflow problem by offering loans, but also tackle the problem at its root by improving payment terms.
- We must continuously innovate in order to meet more of our customers’ finance needs - we won the BCR which helped us launch iwocapay, and we're soon launching a revenue-based loan. We’re constantly evaluating new opportunities, and finding new ways that we can meet the financing needs of more small businesses.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
Central to iwoca is the financial technology that enables our operations. As a company we need to ensure that we efficiently manage the movement and allocation of money across our ecosystem; that our internal teams, particularly Finance, have relevant and auditable financial data to enable reporting and inform decision making; and that we expertly manage our relationships with investors and regulators. As we have grown, so have the demands on our finance team. To combat this, iwoca has sought to leverage technology to automate and simplify our financial processes, with the aim of enabling seamless operations and ensuring scalability in the solutions delivered.
Over the years we have built numerous solutions that cover the broad spectrum of needs of our customers, investors and our finance team - from delivering various payment methods for our customers to make repayments to building our bespoke reconciliation system that automatically reconciles cash movements across our various bank accounts. We are on the lookout for a Product Manager to join the team and help us define what the future looks like for us. This is a challenging role that will provide you with the opportunity to define iwoca’s internal Finance product strategy, an area that is critical to iwoca’s future success. Being an established scale-up there are now few “easy wins”, rather we need someone ready to come in and tackle our problems head on to deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact on the iwoca for years to come.
- Define and execute our internal finance product strategy, managing product development and owning the roadmap to ensure that it addresses the future priorities of the business.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather insights, understand their key challenges and prioritise those that should be solved. You will be working very closely with our Finance team, covering areas such as: Capital Markets; Accounting; Financial Control; Cash Management etc.
- Collaborate with your team of financial software engineers to deliver solutions to the problems you have prioritised, helping them to understand the requirements and shape the solution to ensure that it meets the needs of the user.
- Ensure the most efficient use of resources in order to have the biggest impact. There’s lots that the team could be doing, it’s your job to make sure what we are working on has the highest value add.
- Gather an understanding of the possible opportunities that come with new technological and regulatory developments from both internal and external to iwoca.
- Partner with other product managers and engineering teams on company-wide initiatives and projects. iwoca has a lot of exciting new products in the pipeline, your team will play a critical part in enabling these to be released to the SME market.
- Experience ideally in a Product Manager/Delivery role, however, we would also consider candidates from other backgrounds such as Finance, Consulting, Engineering etc.
- An understanding of accounting and payments processing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Able to execute your vision by influencing your team, stakeholders and C-level with research and sound reasoning
- Able to run effective partnerships in cross-functional teams
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial drivers behind a product. This is a role that has more interaction with the mechanics and financials of a product than the user interface.
- You can articulate and know how to communicate complex concepts in a simple way
- Familiarity with Agile concepts would be a plus
- You enjoy working autonomously - we need someone that is a self-starter and doesn’t need to be told what to do.
- Experience in financial services is desirable, particularly if you have worked on a loan product before.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker. If you know SQL that would also be a plus.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Covent Garden & Leeds. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- A calendar of ‘remote friendly’ events each week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual Yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you’ll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.
25 days holi...
A smart, fun...
Plenty of dr...
Pool, ping p...
Ci spiace ma per accedere a questo contenuto è necessario il consenso ai cookie di categoria "pubblicità mirata".
Aggiorna subito le tue impostazioni e poi ricarica la pagina.