At iwoca, our mission is to reach 1 million small businesses with innovative financial solutions that make it easier for them to run their business. One of the biggest challenges that small businesses face is getting invoices paid, making them less productive, less profitable and less in control. iwocaPay is an invoice checkout solution that blends the best of payments and finance to get invoices paid faster.
Our early customers are enthusiastic and now we need someone to help us drive awareness and adoption of iwocaPay through creative, clear and customer-oriented marketing strategies. In this role, you’ll be responsible for defining the messaging, positioning and go-to-market strategies for iwocaPay to ensure that we deliver a positive and personal experience to all of our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to think creatively about how we engage our seller and buyer communities, develop smart go-to-market strategies and build clear and differentiated propositions so our customers understand exactly how iwocaPay can help their business get stronger.
Sound like fun? Then get in touch.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working closely with product and operations, you’ll lead our product release strategy and translate technical product stuff into customer-oriented language that makes it easy to understand what we’ve released and why it helps.
- You’ll define iwocaPay’s positioning and messaging and make sure we’re smart about how we talk about iwocaPay, our new features and how we help customers get paid faster.
- You’ll help us define and create compelling external materials and messages that span landing pages, videos, blog posts, one-pagers, and anywhere else we need to communicate with customers or partners.
- You’ll work closely with design and product to develop a deep understanding of our users and use that to help inform both how we develop and position iwocaPay.
- You’ll support long-term customer adoption by designing and developing seller and buyer activation strategies, starting first with launching a referral campaign.
- You’ll actively work across the iwocaPay team (including product, tech, design & operations) to develop and test growth and activation strategies. You’ll also work closely with iwoca’s core marketing team on cross-sell opportunities and brand alignment.
We’d love you to bring
- You’ll have a track-record of creating and optimising the positioning of brands and/or products through impactful web, customer journey and marketing materials.
- You’re comfortable working with quantitative data and blending qualitative insights to make informed decisions and evaluate impact.
- iwocaPay is a new product and so you’ll enjoy working in a startup environment where priorities can evolve quickly to make sure we’re focused on the most valuable opportunity.
- You’ll probably have a few years of experience under your belt in brand/ product marketing.
- You’ll ideally also have experience in setting up website/ customer journey tests and/or launching new products.
- You’re able to think about the full customer funnel metrics from acquisition through to retention and understand where you can add value in those steps.
- If you’ve worked with small businesses, it’s a plus.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Covent Garden & Leeds. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- A calendar of ‘remote friendly’ events each week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual Yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you’ll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Bring your dog to work days, we’re dog friendly on Tuesday and Thursdays in our London office.
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse to improve your coding skills or learn a new coding language.