Ghent (Hybrid) or London (Hybrid)
Position OverviewThe Backend Engineer and their team work with the latest cloud native services to build secure and scalable solutions that will help make Showpad the reference revenue enablement platform.
Key Responsibilities for a Backend Engineer at Showpad
- Maintain and improve the Experience product of the Showpad platform
- Design, implement and maintain cloud solutions on AWS in accordance with the pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- Translate domain models into (micro)service architectures
- Work with internal and external API consumers in an API-first environment
- Take a security-first approach to implementing features and changes
- Work in software teams where code reviews and pair programming are part of our strong engineering culture
- Commit to continuous learning and innovation
Required Skills for a Backend Engineer at Showpad
- 3+ years of experience as a backend engineer develop scalable, production-ready solutions using PHP (Symfony)
- Experience with event driven architecture design and implementation
- Understands the importance of strong software testing at every stage and can advocate for test-driven development
- Experience working in a tenant database environment is a plus
- Continuous integration and delivery mindset
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for, and collaborating with, internal and/or public data consumers
- Experience with AWS and Typescript
- AWS Certified Developer or Solution Architect Associate/Professional
Founded in 2011, Showpad is the world’s leading Enablement Operating System (eOS™). We align Sales and Marketing teams around impactful content and measurable engagement, enabling sellers to build unique buying experiences and continuously improve conversion rates. Sellers close more deals – faster – with Showpad.
With dual-headquarters in Ghent and Chicago, regional offices in London, Munich and Wroclaw, and remote hubs across the US and EMEA, Showpad is powered by a diverse global workforce of more than 550 people. Our employee value proposition centers around impact, purpose and belonging. Our culture is based on flexibility, trust and setting people up for success. At Showpad, we foster inclusion, innovate for impact and never stop to raise the bar. We take serious care of our people but never take ourselves too seriously.
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether it’s additional company-wide days off, paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organisations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.