We are looking for a Litigation Manager DE to join a strong and progressive team in a high-growth, fast-paced and market-changing global business. The role is varied and you will have exposure across the whole organization.
At Funding Circle there is a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward, currently lending 3.5 Billion a year. With teams in London, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
Our in-house Collections & Recoveries Team is looking to recruit a capable and ambitious lawyer to make a real difference in this business-critical team. This role is varied, and you will have exposure across the whole organization. You will be reporting to the Head of Collections & Recoveries (based in Berlin).
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Advising the German in-house Collections & Recoveries Team on all matters in relation to outstanding payments and measures to recover debts
- Providing strategic, at times ad-hoc legal advice to ensure sound collections and recoveries activities by keeping the interests of our investors at heart
- Drafting all relevant documents such as team guidelines and process documents, and legal opinions
- Managing and instructing external counsel in ongoing court cases
- Communicating with courts, liquidators and external partners
- Participation in projects with relevance for the entire business
- Working closely with Legal and Compliance, Risk Management and other business units within Funding Circle
- Qualified German lawyer (second state examination or equivalent degree)
- First job experience, ideally in a law firm or a litigation department
- Solid knowledge in procedural matters and ideally in insolvency law and debt collection
- Enthusiastic self-starter who embraces challenges in a young and growing business.
- Ability to work independently and thoroughly with great organizational skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills in German. Solid skills in English as a minimum.
- Ability to advise the business confidently and succinctly, and to develop good working relationships
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic international team, leading and supporting projects of different departments and subsidiaries
- Ability to work to tight timelines, and to interpret and explain complex legal and regulatory issues to a non-legal audience
What we offer
- The once-in-a-lifetime chance to help us build the world leading online lending company across multiple countries
- An international team of highly motivated and talented people where hierarchies do not matter but passion and drive do
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally based on a clearly defined development plan
- A great office location in Kreuzberg with regular team events
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.