French Language Specialist
GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to connect with the best things to do wherever they’re headed — including skip-the-line tickets to the world’s most iconic attractions, walking tours by top local experts, immersive food and beverage tours, cooking and craft classes, bucket-list experiences, and niche offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 60 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
We are looking for a French Language Specialist to own the localization of the content that engages and shapes the user experience for our French-speaking customers worldwide.
This person is a creative problem solver who’s passionate about advocating for localized user needs and making the experience feel authentic. You will work alongside one other French Language Specialist. This is a full-time role at our Berlin office.
You will join the Localization team. Our mission is to support GetYourGuide’s international success by enabling customers to explore and book our products in their own language and by offering outstanding localization services to all internal stakeholders. Our team is strongly bonded and we value an open, friendly environment where every voice is heard.
You are responsible for:
- Localize, transcreate, and translate English content into French (fr-FR) across our website, app, product pages, ads, brand, and marketing materials
- Provide creative and engaging localized copy that captures the intent of the English source and addresses different audiences and content types appropriately
- Create, apply, and maintain tone-of-voice, style guides, and glossaries to drive consistency and ensure French content quality
- Own or support projects/topics that help the localized customer experience evolve and thrive (e.g. LQA, A/B testing, terminology management)
- Contribute to cross-departmental collaborations with linguistic and cultural expertise
- Native French speaker with an excellent command of English
- Experience in translating and transcreating content from English into French (fr-FR)
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position. Experience in the travel industry or online marketplace is a plus.
- Passion for a role that offers a mix of transcreation and project work
- Clear and effective communicator with a keen eye for detail
- Work at a European tech unicorn with an international team from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing the products for yourself
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station, available for use in a hybrid setting
- Personal Growth is one of our key values, we live this through an annual learning allowance, structured growth plans, our GetYourGuide learning platform GrowthHub, regular feedback, and transparency
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.